Etherscan launches AI-driven code reader, learn about its use cases and practical applications in just five minutes
Etherscan introduces an AI code reader with numerous practical applications that can be understood in just five minutes.
Editor: Felix, BlockingNews
Etherscan, the Ethereum blockchain explorer, has announced the launch of an AI-powered code reader tool called “Code Reader”, which aims to enhance understanding of Ethereum source code.
The tool uses OpenAI’s large language model (LLM) to help users retrieve and interpret the source code of smart contract addresses. By selecting a contract address, users can access the contract’s source code files and interact with them. The tool is currently in testing.
It’s not just Etherscan that is linking up with AI. Last week, blockchain platform developer Alchemy launched AlchemyAI, a tool designed to use AI to help web3 developers speed up product development and access on-chain data faster. On June 4, the founder of DefiLlama announced that they will conduct beta testing of the ChatGPT plugin. On June 2, blockchain analytics company Elliptic announced the integration of ChatGPT into its off-chain intelligence and research collection work, helping researchers and investigators to integrate and organize intelligence about new risk factors faster and on a larger scale. In May, Solana Labs launched its own ChatGPT plugin, which initially focuses on NFTs and can be used to purchase and list NFTs, transfer tokens, check out transactions, interpret data, and search for NFT collectibles by floor price. Earlier, data platform Dune also launched its own large model roadmap, with the first phase supporting query interpretation functionality supported by GPT-4.
- Binance launches opBNB: a new landscape for universal Rollup
- Who will be the winner in the innovation wave of EVM?
- Reversing history? A brief overview of Ethscriptions, inscriptions ...
For Etherscan’s Code Reader, the specific use cases are as follows:
- Code Overview: Get a deeper understanding of the code by generating AI prompts for specific code or functions. Use targeted questions to get AI-generated explanations to dive deeper into how the code works internally.
- Retrieve Read/Write Functions: Get a full list of smart contract functions related to reading and writing Ethereum data, along with detailed descriptions of their respective functions.
- Integration with dApp: Explore the code in depth and gain a comprehensive understanding of how to seamlessly integrate the selected smart contract with decentralized applications (dApps).
Unlike the ChatGPT plugin running on a chatbot website, Etherscan’s Code Reader runs on the Etherscan platform and requires an OpenAI API key. The specific operation is as follows:
- First, enter the OpenAI API key.
- Paste the contract address you want to search.
- The tool will automatically retrieve all files related to the provided contract.
- After retrieving the contract files, you can choose specific source code files to read through. Additionally, you can modify the source code directly in the UI before sharing with AI.
- Based on the selected source code, you can generate AI prompts to interact with your code and ask questions to deepen your understanding.
It is worth noting that Etherscan states that the Code Reader is for reference only, and the answers are generated by AI rather than Etherscan, so users should always verify their accuracy and cannot rely on them as evidence or bug bounty. In addition, Code Reader does not store API keys and currently only supports one-time prompts.